Porcelain Onlays – A Conservative Alternative to Crowns
An onlay is a porcelain filling that is custom made by a professional dental laboratory and is permanently cemented into the tooth by your dentist.
Advantages of Onlays:
- More conservative than crowns because less tooth structure is removed in the preparation process
- An ideal alternative to conventional mercury amalgam and composite resin fillings when much enamel has been lost
- Strengthen teeth since they are bonded into place, unlike mercury amalgam fillings
- Highly durable and clinically proven to last many years
- Cosmetically pleasing since they are tooth coloured
Porcelain onlays are increasing in popularity due the general public's desire for a conservative way to replace their large failing mercury amalgam fillings.
Below are some of the more popular services that patients frequently inquire about.